What Does a Gastric Sleeve Do?
What Does a Gastric Sleeve Do?
Have you ever heard about gastric sleeve surgery? If you haven’t, it’s time to learn more about this popular weight loss surgery.
Gastric sleeve is one of the most widely accepted types of surgery for people who are struggling with excess weight. It has been proven to be an effective way of reducing body weight and improving physical health.
This article will give you some background about what gastric sleeve does, how it can help you lose weight, and avoid other related health problems.
Specifically, we will take a quick look at the following:
- What is gastric sleeve surgery?
- Why do you need to undergo gastric sleeve surgery?
- When is gastric sleeve recommended?
- How does gastric sleeve work?
What is gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery is a type of weight loss surgery that is also known as Bariatric Sleeve Surgery. It is done on the inside of your stomach to remove a part of it that produces most of the hunger hormones, making you less hungry.
In a gastric sleeve procedure, a part of your stomach (about 80%), is removed. The remaining 20% will produce protein-digesting enzymes, beneficial bacteria, and some hormones including ghrelin, which stimulates appetite.
Gastric sleeve surgery makes you feel full more quickly and makes you able to eat less than before. This procedure is relatively simple and helps people lose a lot of excess weight fast. It poses minimal risks as compared to having gastric bypass surgery.
Why do you need to undergo gastric sleeve surgery?
It is most likely that you’ll need gastric sleeve surgery if you’re very obese, and your weight-related medical conditions can’t be helped with other means.
If you’ve already tried a lot of weight loss methods and have been unsuccessful, then a gastric sleeve may be the right option for you.
If you prepare properly and work to maintain its benefits, gastric sleeve surgery can have a dramatic impact on many areas of your life.
Gastric sleeve surgery is not simply a cosmetic procedure, though. The cosmetic aspect can be extremely important for a patient’s self-esteem and mental health.
When is gastric sleeve recommended?
A gastric sleeve procedure is recommended for those with a body mass index or BMI of 35 or more, or those who are 100 pounds over their healthy weight.
If you have a BMI of 40 or more, it is important to understand that with much weight, the risk for heart disease and other related health issues such as high blood pressure increases significantly as well.
You should also keep in mind that the success of your bariatric surgery is largely determined by your BMI.
Additionally, the gastric sleeve has been shown in clinical studies to be effective at preventing serious conditions later on such as Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, and Sleep Apnea.
How Does Gastric Sleeve Work?
The gastric sleeve limits how much food one eats by creating a smaller pouch at the top of your stomach that holds less food – only an ounce or two ounces of food (about half as big as before).
This gives the feeling of being full faster since they are not eating as many calories; we call this reduced calorie intake “partially digested.” With reduced calorie intake comes reduced weight gain.
Gastric sleeve surgery is often recommended by weight loss surgeons as their bariatric surgery of choice, mainly because of its relatively low risk to the health of the patient.
What else should I know?
You need to understand that gastric sleeve surgery doesn’t work miracles; it works with your body so you can get your desired weight loss results without having any issues along the way.
Gastric sleeve surgery has been shown to have a very high rate as compared to other surgeries out there designed for losing weight.
This said gastric sleeve surgery benefits patients who are willing to commit to a more aggressive approach to weight loss. They are also willing to commit themselves to a more rigorous lifestyle change such as consistent diet and exercise.
To Sum It Up
Gastric sleeve surgery has quickly become one of the most popular weight-loss operations. Naturally, it is a safe and dependable procedure.
If you are overweight and have tried various weight loss methods and other ambitious diet and exercise programs but without significant success, then having gastric sleeve surgery is a viable option for you.
The Health Store Turkey provides free consultations to assist people in making the greatest informed decision possible when it comes to having a gastric sleeve or any weight loss surgery.
Please contact us right away for a free phone consultation with one of our medical experts, and discover how we may help you live a better life.
Let's Start The Gastric Sleeve Weight Loss Journey, together
Medical Tourism in Turkey
We offer extensive medical procedures to outbound and inbound patients.